<body> <body>

Positive Book Reviews
Cyber Cinderella | Friday, January 19, 2007 @11:46 AM

Book 22: Cyber Cinderella
Author: Christina Hopkinson
Recommended For: All those who googled their own name

Reviewer: Etsu

How Will I Know


I saw this book online and I thought what an interesting storyline is has! So when I finally saw it in a bookstore, I bought it without much thought because to me, it has a really good and strong storyline.

This story is about Izobel, a girl who discovered a website dedicated to her. She had no idea who did the website and the best part was, the website made her looked like star! The truth was, her life sucked but the website showcased a successful her, who does not exist.

So the book sees her discovering the site, trying to find out who created the website. It then continued with her obsession in finding the creator. In her pursuit to find the mysterious site owner, she ignores her real life and end up failing at her relationship and work.

I do not know whether it is me but I cannot seem to understand the jokes that the author included. I find myself having a hard time understanding scenarios and am often left wondering if the author was writing a fact or simply writing jokes happening in Izobels mind.

I really thought I would like this book a lot considering the fact that I have googled my own name before. I thought I could relate to the character Izobel but the author seemed to me like she is trying a little too hard to amuse her readers. Nevertheless, I still think that it has a strong plot, and it can be a hit maybe if it is turned in a teenage movie even though the main character is not in her teens.

What I liked most about this book is what was located at the end of the book where the author, this time, smartly included 5 reasons why googling your own name is a bad idea. The reasons are:

1. It is like reading someone elses diary.
2. The shame of looking yourself up and finding that you are not on it at all.
3. Your discovery that an ex has put pictures of you up on the web.
4. You find other people with your same name that are much more exciting than you are.
5. Googling leaves a trail of technological slime easily followed.

I shall not go into details but the author proves her point that googling your name is a bad idea. Even so, I still went on to googled my name. I discovered a few things:

1. There is a company that is called by my name.
2. There is famous singer in Indonesia with the same name as me.
3. No one has gossip or said anything bad about me in their blogs.

I am a little disappointed by number (3)! Haha!

ReviewerS
Noi Etsu Fid NurBee

This site was created by Etsu and Noi,self proclaimed bookworms. We have created this site to share what we have learn from books. We only review positive books that we feel can help the individual reading it. Each book that we review consist of our own opinions. We do not represent any book, author or publishing companies. Feel free to leave your comments or recommended any great links of books site or authors site.

Recently RevieweD

The Ant and The Elephant
Does My Head Look Big In This?
Diary Of A Working Girl
The 10 Women You'll Be Before 35
Read And Grow Rich
Conversations With The Fat Girl
A Total Waste of Make Up
10 Rules To Break, 10 Rules To Make
Dream Making In A Dream Taking World
Leading Leaders to Leadership

Reviewer's Blogs

Voicing My Thoughts!
Ripklaw
Ms Whiterose

Our Favourite AuthorS

Paulo Coelho
John Furhman
Robert Kiyosaki
Napoleon Hill

ShoutS!



ArchiveS

February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
June 2006
July 2006
December 2006
January 2007


Email Us!

If you would like to be featured as guest reviewer, do email us the books on your list and we will get back to you.

CreditS

Picture by: Gettyimages
Layout by: Noi Rocker


Free Hit Counter Since 21 Feb 2006