<body> <body>

Positive Book Reviews
Developing The Leader Within You | Thursday, January 25, 2007 @12:05 PM

Book 24: Developing The Leader Within You
Author: John C. Maxwell
Recommended For: Past, Present and Future Leaders
Reviewer: Noi

Developing The Leader Within You



This book was sitting on my bookshelves for months and it is only now that I finally get to read it. Before this book, I read another book by the same author and it completely blew me away. So even before I start reading this book, I had high expectations.

I was not denied.

I highly recommend this book for everyone who aspires to become leaders. This book gave the definition, what it really takes to be a leader. It is actually a compilation of what characters must a leader have before being a true leader. Some example that I can show you are as follows:

Definition of leadership: Influence
Key to leadership: Priorities
Most important ingredient id leadership: Integrity
Ultimate test of leadership: Creating a Positive Change
Quickest way to gain leadership: Problem Solving
The extra plus in leadership: Attitude
Developing your most appreciable asset: People
Indispensable quality of leadership: Vision
Price tag of leadership: Self Discipline
Most important lesson of leadership: Staff Development

The first few chapters touched me especially the part about influence. Influence and come both ways. Good and bad. I hope that I never influence anyone negatively, so if I had to you, please forgive me. This chapter states that a leader is great, not because of his or her power, but because of his or her ability to empower others.

Another chapter that I love was the chapter on integrity. Before this, I was not sure of what integrity means. A person with integrity in one who has established a system of values against which all of life is judged. People with integrity have nothing to hide and nothing to fear about. Their lives are open book.

I am working on being a better leader not just for myself, but more importantly for the team. This book taught me so much and I wish I had not done some of the mistakes I did in the past. Nevertheless, it is human nature to make mistakes but more importantly, one must learn from that mistakes made so that it will not be repeated again in the future.

Two thumbs up and if I can raise my toes, I would! John C. Maxell never fails to disappoints!

ReviewerS
Noi Etsu Fid NurBee

This site was created by Etsu and Noi,self proclaimed bookworms. We have created this site to share what we have learn from books. We only review positive books that we feel can help the individual reading it. Each book that we review consist of our own opinions. We do not represent any book, author or publishing companies. Feel free to leave your comments or recommended any great links of books site or authors site.

Recently RevieweD

The Earth, My Butt and Other Round Things
Cyber Cinderella
The Ant and The Elephant
Does My Head Look Big In This?
Diary Of A Working Girl
The 10 Women You'll Be Before 35
Read And Grow Rich
Conversations With The Fat Girl
A Total Waste of Make Up
10 Rules To Break, 10 Rules To Make

Reviewer's Blogs

Voicing My Thoughts!
Ripklaw
Ms Whiterose

Our Favourite AuthorS

Paulo Coelho
John Furhman
Robert Kiyosaki
Napoleon Hill

ShoutS!



ArchiveS

February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
June 2006
July 2006
December 2006
January 2007


Email Us!

If you would like to be featured as guest reviewer, do email us the books on your list and we will get back to you.

CreditS

Picture by: Gettyimages
Layout by: Noi Rocker


Free Hit Counter Since 21 Feb 2006